- Our events and visits are open to everyone, whether or not you are a member of the Society.
- Our country walks, town walks, local visits and excursions are now all booked through TicketSource, an online platform which is easily accessible via the internet or through the Society’s website. Payment is via debit or credit card and a small booking fee is payable for each transaction.
TicketSource also offers a telephone box office service, which is open Monday to Friday 9am to 7pm and Saturday 9am to 5pm. You will be charged a £1.50 fee on top of the ticket price and the booking fee (tel. no. 0333 666 4466).
- If the Society has to cancel a visit or event, you will be entitled to a refund of the ticket price, including the booking fee, but excluding any fees paid for ticket home delivery or refund protection. You do not need to take any action, as TicketSource will initiate the refund and you will receive notification of the process in an e-mail.
- If you have to cancel, it is at the Society’s discretion as to whether a refund is made and you are requested to give as much notice as possible.
If you cancel within 14 days of the event or visit, no refund will normally be available; however, in the case of sudden and unexpected illness, the Society may exercise flexibility.
In these circumstances, please contact the Bookings Co-ordinator at email@example.com if you want a refund to be considered. If agreed, we will organise the refund for you.
If you cancel before the 14-day limit, you may be able to receive a refund of the ticket price only; the booking fee and other payments will not be refunded.
In these circumstances, please contact the Bookings Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org who will arrange the refund if it is agreed.
- If you have taken out refund protection to cover you in the event of illness, adverse weather or travel conditions, you may be able to reclaim your payment, on supply of appropriate evidence, by contacting bookingprotect.com directly.
JPC/July 2022 V 3.0